The Nationals will take on the Braves as the National League East opponent finish a four game set Thursday afternoon from Washington D.C. Nationals Park. The Atlanta Braves will give the ball to 34-year old right-hander Anibal Sanchez, and the Washington Nationals will send 32-year old left-hander Gio Gonzalez to the hill. The Braves have a 7-6 lead this season.
- 0-4 in Gonzalez’ last 4 starts.
- 3-9 in their last 12 games against a team with a winning record.
- 6-13 in Gonzalez’ last 19 starts against the Braves.
- 4-0 in Sanchez’ last 4 road starts.
- 9-4 in Sanchez’ last 13 starts overall.
- 4-1 in their last 5 games in the fourth game of a series.
The trusty projection model sees the Nationals getting the best of the Braves in more than 60 percent of simulations for their Thursday meeting. We’re getting more than enough value to support Washington at the meager price. My data shows Nationals starter Gio Gonzalez getting the best of his counterpart, Anibal Sanchez of Atlanta. Grab the value price here.
Prediction: WASHINGTON -130