The Cubs will host theNationals in the second game of a three game set Saturday afternoon from the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. The Nationals will send 31-year old right-hander Tanner Roark to the mound, and the Cubs will respond with 34-year old left-hander Jon Lester. The Nationals won last year’s regular season series 4-3, and the Cubs defeated the Nationals in the NLDS.
- 5-1 in their last 6 games against a right-handed starter.
- 6-1 in Lester’s last 7 starts on five days of rest.
- 17-5 in Lester’s last 22 home starts against a team with a winning record.
- 1-5 in Roark’s last 6 road starts.
- 4-11 in Roark’s last 15 starts following a Quality Start in his previous appearance.
- 7-16 in their last 23 road games.
In Tanner Roark’s first 20 starts, he recorded thee wins, 12 losses and five no-decisions. Over his last three outings, the Nats starter is 3-0 with a minuscule 0.82 ERA. Contrast that with Cubs left Jon Lester, who has racked up a 5.62 ERA in his last three starts. The simulations indicate the Nationals take this contest 53 percent of the time by an average of a half-run. Look for Washington to eke out this win.
Prediction: WASHINGTON +118