The Dodgers are in bad form with five successive loses but they managed to snap the negative streak when the beat the Giants in the final game of the series. The losing streak sent the Los Angeles Dodgers to the third place in the N.L. West behind Arizona and Colorado, so it’s going to be fascinating to see their reaction in this series. The Seattle Mariners were excellent in a four-game series with Houston and swept the Astros, but they came short in the next two games against Oakland. The Mariners closed the series with a win, but they are four games behind the divisional leaders Houston Astros. The pitching for Saturday’s game are Rich Hill for the Dodgers versus the Mariners’ Erasmo Ramirez. First pitch was scheduled for 10:10 PM E.T..
- 5-2 in their last seven vs. an opponent with a winning record
- 5-2 in their last seven games played on the grass
- 1-4 in their last five games played on Saturday
- 2-5 in their last seven games played on the road vs. a right-handed starter
- 0-5 in their last five during game two of a series
My data sees the Dodgers dominating their Saturday matchup with Seattle. I’ve got Los Angeles winning in more than 70 percent of simulations and by a margin of nearly two runs per contest, making this price a bargain. The Dodgers have won four straight when Rich Hill pitches on full rest and are 10-2 in his road starts.
Prediction: L.A. DODGERS -141