A couple of N.L. East opponents recommence their series in the Washington D.C.. The Marlins are away for the middle game of their three game series with the Nationals Saturday evening. Miami was swept in a four game set at the hands of the Braves on the road, losing the finale 5-2 Wednesday. Washington save the finale of a four game set on the road in St. Louis, winning 5-4 Thursday night. The pitching match-up for Friday’s series opener saw Dan Straily take the hill for the Miami Marlins: he was scheduled to be opposed by Washington’s Max Scherzer. First pitch in that games is scheduled for 7:05 pm E.T..
- 8-2 in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- 4-1 in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- 8-3 in their last 11 home games.
- 1-4 in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a losing record.
- 1-5 in their last 6 vs. a team with a losing record.
- 16-36 in their last 52 vs. National League East.
My simulations have the Marlins beating the Nationals nearly half of the time in their Saturday matchup, giving us a major overlay on the big underdog. Washington has lost four of its last five, while Miami is on a 4-1 run in Saturday games.
Prediction: MIAMI +170