The Milwaukee Brewers have not been steady the last few weeks and they been having difficulty at the moment, losing six out of the last nine games, which is a fantastic invitation for the Cards to surpass them in the N.L. Central standings after this set. On the other hand, the St. Louis Cardinals are the hottest team in August as they recorded 12 wins out of the last 15 games, but they failed to make it nine in a row as the Nationals stopped them on Thursday. The pitching dual for Saturday’s game will pit Wade Miley for the Brewers against th Cardinals’ Miles Mikolas.
- 4-0 in their last four during game two of a series
- 4-0 in their last four games played on Saturday
- 7-1 in their last eight games vs. a left-handed starter
- 2-5 in their last seven games played on the road
- 1-8 in their last nine vs. National League Central rivals
- 2-5 in their last seven games played on the road vs. an opponent with a winning record
My numbers have the Cardinals defeating the Brewers about 70 percent of the time in their Saturday showdown, making St. Louis worth the meager price. The Cardinals are in the midst of an 8-1 run and have won four straight behind starter Mile Mikolas.
Prediction: ST. LOUIS -132