Arizona and the Los Angeles Angels meet up on Tuesday night at Chase Field. Pena yielded only one unearned run over six innings against the Padres in his last start on Wednesday. He faced the D-backs at Angel Stadium on June 19 and allowed one run over four innings. Corbin is riding a three-start winning streak and has won his last four decisions. In his last start, Corbin allowed three runs over seven innings and did not walk a batter while striking out seven Rangers.
- Under is 19-6-3 in LAA last 28 interleague games.
- LAA are 10-23 in their last 33 road games.
- Under is 7-1 in Penas last 8 on grass.
- Under is 15-5-3 in ARI last 23 Tue. games.
- ARI are 20-7 in their last 27 Tue. games.
- Under is 7-3-2 in ARI last 12 interleague games.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Under is 6-2-1 in the last 9 meetings.
This line is downright funky. Angels starter Felix Pena has started three games in August, allowing a total of five earned runs over 17 innings. Patrick Corbin’s biggest claim to fame this season is not allowing a home run since June 16 — a stretch of over 60 innings. With two evenly matched pitchers and virtually equal offenses, the Angels shouldn’t be this devalued. The projections show them winning 47 percent of the time. Grab the value on the road ‘dogs.
Prediction: L.A. ANGELS +200