The Yankees travel to Miami with Gausman and Nova taking the mound. Nova allowed only one run in 6 2/3 innings on Thursday night, but lost to the Cubs, 1-0. The Pirates are 5-2 over his past seven starts, and Nova has posted a 3.72 ERA during that stretch. He owns a 3.32 ERA in 11 starts at PNC Park this season. Gausman will be making his fourth start since being acquired from Baltimore and is looking to win a third straight start for the first time this year. In an attempt to improve his slider, he has pitched solely from the stretch in his past two starts.
- Total games 124 Over 45.2% Under 48.4%
- Home games 65 Over 52.3% Under 41.5%
- Away games 59 Over 37.3% Under 55.9%
- Last 7 games 4-2 Over 66.7% Under 33.3%
- Total games 125 Over 49.6% Under 44.8%
- Home games 62 Over 43.5% Under 50.0%
- Away games 63 Over 55.6% Under 39.7%
- Last 7 games 3-1 Over 75.0% Under 25.0%
Generous run support by the Bombers has inflated Masahiro Tanaka’s 9-4 record. He’s sporting an ERA on the upside of 4.00 and has struggled against inferior opponents. The projections indicate Marlins starter Pablo Lopez pitching well enough to keep Miami close. Play it safe and take the Marlins on the run line.
Prediction: MIAMI +1.5