The Phillies lost another game to a non-playoff team Friday as the Blue Jays got the best of them. Velasquez has a 4.15 ERA in his last five starts, and he has lasted more than four innings in just two of them. That included Tuesday’s start vs. the Nats, when he lasted four innings. That was in part because of a nearly two-hour rain delay. Estrada has pitched into the sixth inning in his past four starts. He has a 5.40 ERA in his five starts since coming off the disabled list on July 30.
- PHI are 2-6 in their last 8 Sun. games.
- Under is 17-6-3 in PHI last 26 interleague games.
- Under is 18-7-1 in PHI last 26 road games.
- TOR are 8-3 in their last 11 interleague games.
- Over is 25-10-1 in TOR last 36 Sun. games.
- Over is 11-5 in TOR last 16 interleague games.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- PHI are 2-9 in the last 11 meetings in
The Phillies’ woes continue on Sunday as the simulations show the Blue Jays eking out another tight victory 54 percent of the time. While the projections indicate starters Marco Estrada and Vince Velasquez essentially canceling each other out, Toronto’s bats denting Philadelphia’s bullpen will be the difference maker. Back the Jays.
Prediction: TORONTO +105