The St. Louis Cardinals and the Colorado Rockies will conclude a three game series Sunday afternoon from Coors Field. The lone lefty in the Cardinals’ rotation, Gomber battled through five innings in a no-decision on Monday. The Cardinals have won all four of his starts since Gomber was reinserted into the rotation. Anderson yielded four runs on 10 hits in 6 1/3 innings against the Padres on Tuesday, walking none and striking out eight. It was his third career outing of 10 or more hits. He allowed two homers, giving him eight in his last four starts.
- STL are 11-1 in their last 12 road games.
- STL are 21-6 in their last 27 overall.
- STL are 21-6 in their last 27 games on grass.
- Under is 20-6-1 in COL last 27 home games.
- COL are 10-3 in their last 13 overall.
- COL are 10-3 in their last 13 games on grass.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- STL are 38-16 in the last 54 meetings.
My trusty simulations indicate there’s no slowing down the Cardinals, who pull out another win at Coors Field 57 percent of the time. Rookie Austin Gomber with his sub-3.00 ERA has been sensational as of late and is projected to keep it up Sunday as St. Louis guns for its sixth win in his last six starts. Back the undervalued road ‘dogs.
Prediction: ST. LOUIS +115