It’s an interleague series reaching its conclusion in the city by the bay. Gallardo allowed two runs in six innings against the Angels last Sunday. He is 4-1 with a 3.66 ERA in six starts since the All-Star break. He is 6-4 with a 3.21 ERA in 10 career starts against the Giants, but hasn’t faced them since 2014. Holland has been one of the biggest and best surprises of the Giants season, stabilizing an injury plagued rotation after signing a Minor League deal during the offseason. He hasn’t lost since July 10.
- TEX are 7-3 in their last 10 interleague games.
- TEX are 17-36 in their last 53 Sun. games.
- TEX are 8-1 in Gallardos last 9 road starts.
- SF are 14-4 in their last 18 Sun. games.
- SF are 2-7 in their last 9 overall.
- SF are 2-7 in their last 9 games on grass.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Under is 7-2-1 in the last 10 meetings.
The Rangers have won nine of Yovani Gallardo’s previous 11 starts and the simulations indicate Texas is ready to make it 10-for-12. The simulations foretell a rough start for Giants pitcher Derek Holland and the Rangers winning this one 54 percent of the time by nearly one run. Take Texas with the tremendous underdog value.
Prediction: TEXAS +140